An active compound found in red chilli peppers, Capsaicin helps burn fat, reduces obesity, and boosts your energy. It produces heat in your body, increasing energy expenditure, fat oxidation, and appetite control. It’s everything you need for healthy weight management, and has been widely used in medicines for centuries to relieve aches and pains, inhibit lipid accumulation, and fight inflammatory conditions.
About the ingredient
Let’s understand the science !
Let’s understand the science !
Here are all the Setu products with Capsicum extract
Capsicum extract is an organic extract of dried ripe fruit of Capsicum and has anti-obesity properties. The pungent flavour of capsicum is derived from the active compound Capsaicin. This compound aids the oxidation of fat, expending energy, and suppresses appetite. It is an all-in-all solution for healthy weight management. It is also used in medicines to inhibit lipid accumulation, manage aches and pains, and prevent inflammatory conditions.
About Capsicum Extract
For many years Capsaicin, the active compound in Capsicum, has been known for its nutritional value, and anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is the main ingredient in many of the ointments and gels recommended for pain relief. TRPV1 is a receptor found in the bladder, peripheral nerves, blood vessels, and brain. Capsaicin interacts with this receptor to provide an array of health benefits.
Potential Health Benefits of Capsicum Extract
Capsicum has a rich nutritional profile. But capsaicin is an active compound found in capsicum and doesn't have any individual nutritional value, calories, or direct influence on diet. The main property of capsaicin is that it interacts with TRPV1, a heat detection channel in peripheral nerves. Long-term exposure to heat sources, such as capsaicin, desensitises these TRPV1 receptors over time, making capsaicin more tolerable as the body adapts to it.
Capsaicin provides an array of health benefits.
Capsaicin has the unique property of binding with pain receptors like TRPV1 which are pain-sensing nerve endings. You feel a burning sensation but no actual burn injuries. If consumed for a long period capsaicin eventually desensitises the pain receptors and you will become insensitive to the pungent flavour of chilli. It also makes these receptors numb to pains like heartburn due to acid reflux.
Studies have shown that the consumption of red chilli peppers to the extent of 2.5 grams every day will aggravate heartburn initially but will provide respite from the condition on long term consumption. The finding was sup[ported by another study wherein it was revealed that consumption of red chilli peppers to the extent of 3 grams daily improved acid reflux related heartburn.
Promotes Weight Loss
Obesity enhances the risk of developing various health issues like joint pain, heart disease, diabetes and many more. Healthy weight management is essential for robust health. Capsaicin suppresses appetite and minimises calorie intake and it also aids in efficient fat burning. Studies have shown that 10 grams of capsaicin everyday aids effective fat burning both in men and women. The consumption of capsaicin before a meal can reduce calorie intake.
Some studies have even shown that there was considerable weight loss in persons who did not consume capsaicin regularly. Despite contradictory findings, capsaicin supplements are considered effective weight loss tools when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
The fact that the tolerance to capsaicin is developed over time restrains its efficacy.
Dosage of Capsaicin
The tolerable dosage of capsaicin is 2 to 6 mg every day. For noticeable results, 6 mg of capsaicin has to be consumed daily for 12 weeks.
Side Effects of Capsaicin
Capsaicin is generally safe to use. It is most unlikely to experience any side effects. Mild side effects have however been reported in rare cases. Some of the common side effects of capsaicin are:
Some people may have signs of intestinal disorder on the consumption of capsaicin. Some of the symptoms include a burning sensation and pain in the stomach, painful diarrhoea, and cramps. If you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome, you should limit the consumption of capsaicin as it will worsen the symptoms.
A Burning Sensation
The pungent flavour of capsicum is derived from capsaicin. The regular intake of capsaicin causes a burning sensation by binding the pain receptors. If consumed over and above the moderate level, capsaicin can cause swelling, redness, inflammation, and pain. Regular consumption of capsaicin will numb certain pain neurons to further pain.
Best Products With Capsicum Extract
The best products with Capsicum extract are:
- Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder + Free Shaker
- Setu Lean: Lite Garcinia Cambogia & Capsimax
Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder
Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder is a plant-based formula with the goodness of all-natural nitrates from the potent beet-root extract. This powerful blend of beet-root extract and capsimax enhances athletic performance and is an excellent pre-workout drink.
The added advantage for fitness enthusiasts in buying this supplement is the shaker that comes with every purchase. The protein shaker is leakproof with rounded corners for easy cleaning and an adjustable carry loop making it convenient for carrying it around. It makes mixing and blending the protein powder hassle-free
Features and Benefits of Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder
- Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder is a formula infused with 100% plant-based natural ingredients, clinically studied, and additives-free.
- Capsimax present in Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder boosts metabolism, fat burning, and energy production.
- Capsimax also enables the breakdown of stored fat.
- This supplement supports focus and alertness without any caffeine crash
- This pre-workout supplement is fortified with high-nitrate beetroot extract and improves performance during strenuous training and endurance.
- It stimulates dopamine release and keeps you energetic throughout a workout session.
- Setu Sport: Pre-Workout Plant-Based Powder consists of MCT oil that enhances fat oxidation during a workout.
Setu Lean: Lite Garcinia Cambogia & Capsimax
The anti-obesity property of Setu Lean: Lite Garcinia Cambogia & Capsimax is what makes it an important inclusion in your diet. It boosts metabolism and enables healthy weight management. It acts as an appetite suppressant and makes your weight loss journey smooth and hassle-free.
Features and Benefits of Setu Lean: Lite Garcinia Cambogia & Capsimax
- Setu Lean: Lite Garcinia Cambogia & Capsimax is a powerful blend of ingredients like Garcinia Cambogia, Capsimax, Green Tea Extract, and Green Coffee Bean Extract that support weight loss.
- The presence of Capsimax which boosts energy expenditure makes achieving your weight loss goals easy.
- The supplement supports resting energy expenditure and triggers the breakdown of stored fat.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract is of great help when it comes to insulin sensitivity and curbing fat accumulation.
- Garcinia Cambogia keeps you satiated for a long time and keeps your unhealthy cravings under control
- A single Setu Lean: Lite capsule will help you burn 130 calories which are commendable.
Which is the right time to consume Capsimax?
If you are consuming Capsimax to improve your exercise performance or fat burning during recovery, it is best to have the supplement early in the morning on an empty stomach when you are not training or 30 minutes before a workout for optimum absorption and better results.
For how long should Capsimax supplement be consumed to feel the results?
For pain relief, you should use the supplement for a minimum of 2 weeks. If you have been on the supplement for over a month and do not get any relief from pain, you should seek the advice of your physician.
Is it safe to consume Capsimax?
Capsimax up to the recommended dosage of 2 to 6 mg every day is generally safe and unlikely to cause any side effects. In some cases following side effects have been reported
- Intestinal disorders like stomach ache, burning sensation, diarrhoea, and cramps. Individuals suffering from irritable bowel syndrome should either minimise or refrain from the consumption of capsimax as it will worsen the symptoms.
- Capsimax binds the pain receptors and consistent consumption may lead to a burning sensation. It will desensitise certain pain neurons to further pain. You may also experience swelling, inflammation, redness, and pain.
Does capsimax support heart health?
Capsimax supports heart health by preventing inflammation and reducing plasma cholesterol levels. It also promotes metabolic health.
How to get over the burning sensation caused by Capsaicin?
Capsaicin is an alkaline molecule. The molecular activity can be neutralised with an acid. So consuming something acidic in nature like tomato juice, orange juice or lemonade can help you get over the burning sensation.