Turmeric Extract (Curcumin)
A super ingredient in distinguished yellow disguise, Curcumin is the active component of turmeric, or haldi. Why is it such a big deal? It has potent immunity-boosting powers, protecting the heart, brain, joints, and body. With Curcumin, you can also bid farewell to inflammation that causes joint tissue problems, chronic health disorders, and neurodegenerative stress. It treats everything—with a little bit of love, and a lot of anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory action.
About the ingredient
Let’s understand the science !
- Curcumin can be used as an effective and safe therapy for decreasing pain severity in patients with osteoarthritis. It can be used alternatively to or concomitantly with NSAIDs. It can also improve physical function, flexibility and quality of life.Read more
- Curcumin has shown to reduce depression symptoms and has anti-anxiety effects. Read more
- Curcumin has been found to be beneficial to the immune system. It interacts with and modulates immune cells to protect against immune-related diseases. Read more
Let’s understand the science !
Here are all the Setu products with Turmeric Extract (Curcumin)
Turmeric is a spice extensively used in Asian recipes. It is a must-have ingredient in the kitchen throughout Asia. It gives a distinct yellow colour to the recipes. Besides this, it also renders several health benefits. Turmeric has various plant compounds that work in unison to support your body. But the key ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. All the health benefits of turmeric are attributed to curcuminoids especially, curcumin.
What is curcumin?
Curcumin is found in the Indian spice turmeric (Curcumin longa) which belongs to the ginger family. Turmeric contains three curcuminoids. Curcumin is one of the curcuminoids and the others are desmethoxycurcumin and bis-desmethoxycurcumin. The distinct yellow colour of turmeric is obtained from these curcuminoids. Curcumin is used as a food additive for the colour.
Curcumin is extracted from the dried rhizome of the turmeric plant, a perennial herb widely cultivated in South and Southeast Asia. Turmeric is made from the rhizome or root and contains 2% to 5% curcumin.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The majority of studies employ turmeric extracts that have been standardised to contain high levels of curcumin. To derive high levels of curcumin just by including it in your recipes is just not possible. However, curcumin supplements can provide the required levels of curcumin.
The other challenge is that curcumin has low bioavailability. To reap the maximum benefits of curcumin enhancing the bioavailability (i.e., the rate of absorption into your bloodstream) has to be enhanced. The best way is to combine it with black pepper which contains piperine. Piperine is a natural substance that stimulates the absorption of curcumin by 2000% which is remarkable. In fact, the best curcumin supplements contain piperine, making them significantly more effective. Taking curcumin supplements with a high-fat meal is more beneficial as curcumin is fat-soluble.
Curcumin benefits are manifold and some of them are given below
Chronic inflammation is linked to a number of common health problems like metabolic syndrome, several degenerative conditions, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease etc. Curcumin can suppress many molecules known to play important roles in inflammation, but its bioavailability must be improved.
Prevents Oxidative Damage
Ageing and several diseases are linked to oxidative damage. Oxidative damage is caused by free radicals which are highly reactive molecules with unpaired electrons. Free radicals react with important organic substances like DNA, proteins, and fatty acids. Curcumin has potent antioxidant properties that can neutralise free radicals and prevent oxidative damage.
Enhances Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor (BDNF)
Curcumin increases levels of the brain hormone BDNF, which promotes the growth of new neurons and may help fight various degenerative processes in the brain. Depleted levels of BDNF can result in brain disorders like depression and Alzheimer’s disease.
Promotes Cardiovascular Health
One of the most important curcumin uses linked to heart health is stimulating the function of the endothelium, the lining of your blood vessels. Endothelial dysfunction is when it is unable to control blood pressure, blood clotting, and various other factors that are crucial for heart health. Inflammation and oxidation are linked to heart diseases and curcumin is found to effectively reduce both issues.
Reduces Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
Inflammation and oxidative damage are two factors that are linked to Alzheimer’s disease. While treatment is possible for symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease, there is no cure for it. It is therefore crucial to prevent the symptoms. Curcumin uses include the prevention of this brain disorder by controlling inflammation and oxidative damage. Amyloid plaques are protein tangles that build up over time and this can lead to Alzheimer’s disease. Curcumin helps in clearing these plaques.
Benefits Joint Conditions Like Arthritis
Arthritis is a painful joint condition that is caused by inflammation of the joints. Studies have shown that curcumin with its anti-inflammatory properties is effective in treating this condition. Curcumin proved more effective in treating arthritis than most of the anti-inflammatory drugs in studies conducted on people with rheumatoid arthritis.
Best Curcumin Products
The best curcumin products are
- Setu Turme Rich: Curcuwin
- Setu Curcumin Boost:Turmeric
- Setu Immunity: Shot-Curcumin, Zinc, & Vit C
- Setu Curcumin: Boost Fizz-Vit C & Black Pepper
Setu Turme Rich: Curcuwin
This product comprises premium quality and clinically verified ingredients. Combined with MCT oil the bioavailability of curcumin goes up by 46 times making it more effective.
Features and Benefits of Setu Turme Rich: Curcuwin
- Setu Turme Rich: Curcuwin is 100% plant-based, made of patented ingredients, and safe to use.
- Combined with MCT oil this curcumin capsule is highly bioavailable.
- It provides powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- These curcumin capsules boost circulation and enhance heart health.
- Setu Turme Rich: Curcuwin capsules enhance performance during strenuous workouts.
- The supplement also aids in fast muscle recovery post-workout.
- It helps in slowing down the ageing process and supports skin health.
Setu Curcumin Boost:Turmeric
Setu Curcumin Boost:Turmeric is sustainably sourced, clinically verified, 100% plant-based and safe to use. The bioavailability of the supplement is enhanced by combining it with black pepper.
Features and Benefits of Setu Curcumin Boost:Turmeric
- Setu Curcumin Boost: Turmeric is made from high-quality natural ingredients.
- These curcumin pills provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory support.
- The supplement is made more effective by combining curcumin with piperine, the active component of pepper.
- Setu Curcuwin Boost: Turmeric helps in the upkeep of mental health.
- It helps in reducing oxidative stress by combating free radicals and increasing the antioxidant capacity of your body.
- It improves heart health by boosting blood circulation.
Setu Immunity: Shot-Curcumin, Zinc, & Vit C
Setu Immunity: Shot-Curcumin, Zinc, & Vit C provides triple benefit of curcumin, zinc, and vitamin C. It is 100% plant-based, highly absorbable, and a vegan product without added sugar.
Features and Benefits of Setu Immunity: Shot-Curcumin, Zinc, & Vit C
- The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients in Setu Immunity: Shot-Curcumin, Zinc & Vit C stimulates your natural immune response.
- The immunity shot helps fight against chronic inflammation.
- The supplement boosts both innate and adaptive immunity by activating the immune cell function.
- You will love the delicious mango flavour of the immunity shots.
- The immunity shots are very easy to consume. They do not need any preparation or even water for consumption.
Setu Curcumin: Boost Fizz-Vit C & Black Pepper
Setu Curcumin: Boost Fizz-Vit C & Black Pepper has the goodness of turmeric in its active form i.e., curcumin along with vitamin C and black pepper. It is a 100% natural product with high absorption. It does not contain any sugar additives and is safe to use.
Features and Benefits of Setu Curcumin: Boost Fizz-Vit C & Black Pepper
- Setu Curcumin: Boost Fizz-Vit C & Black Pepper is loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Vitamin C available in the supplement provides an array of immunity-boosting benefits.
- Piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, enhances the bioavailability of your body to other nutrients.
- The supplement is devoid of adulterants and has no side effects.
- The Curcumin: Boost Fizz reduces muscle soreness and fights inflammation.
- This supplement enhances blood circulation and promotes skin health.
- Setu Curcumin: Boost Fizz-Vit C & Black Pepper enhances joint health.
- You can make a delicious orange-flavoured drink with these fizzy curcumin tablets
How bioavailable is curcumin?
Curcumin cannot be easily absorbed. But when combined with piperine, the active ingredient in black pepper, the bioavailability is enhanced by 2000%
Does curcumin have any side effects?
Curcumin rarely causes side effects. However, when consumed in higher doses some people may experience side effects like nausea, diarrhoea, or dizziness.
Who should be cautious while using curcumin?
People with medical conditions like the gall bladder or kidney issues, diabetes, immunity problems, or bleeding disorders should consult a physician before using curcumin.
When is it ideal to consume curcumin?
Curcumin should be consumed with high-fat meals to enhance absorption.
What is the recommended dosage of curcumin?
The recommended dosage of curcumin is 500 to 2000 mg per day.