Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Hair29 Nov 2020
The reputation of apple cider vinegar (ACV) is growing over the internet. Apart from seasoning your salads with it, you can use ACV as a skin tonic, digestion regulator, a natural household cleaner and even a potential weight loss aid, and if these aren’t reasons good enough for you to stock up apple cider vinegar, here’s one more: ACV is an elixir for hair! Yes, you heard us right. This basic household ingredient can help you get rid of all the annoying scalp and hair issues that make you want to cry. So keep reading to find out how apple cider vinegar can help you get strong, silky and shiny hair.
Why Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair?
There are multiple reasons why you must use ACV for hair, here are a few of them:
- Balances Acidity And pH Levels: ACV contains a good amount of acetic acid that can help you fix frizzy, dull or brittle hair. Such problems occur when the pH balance is shifted towards the alkaline side (higher end of the pH scale). Using ACV can increase the level of acidity and help you get the balance back making your hair look nice and shiny.
- Has Antimicrobial Properties: The antimicrobial properties of ACV is what makes it a popular home disinfectant. These antimicrobial properties can help you control the growth of bacteria or fungi that lead to an itchy scalp, hair loss, and other minor infections .
- Is A Strong Anti-inflammatory Agent: Some small studies have found ACV to have anti-inflammatory properties that could help you keep dandruff under control by preventing the growth of bacteria on your scalp.
- Encourages Hair Growth: Strong shampoos with harsh chemicals can disrupt your hair’s pH levels and lead to hair thinning and hair fall. In such cases, adding a shot of apple cider vinegar to your daily hair routine can help you unclog pores and stimulate hair regrowth.
- Makes Hair Shine: The enzymes from the fermented apples used to make ACV smooths and seals the hair cuticle – the protective layer that locks in vital lipids, proteins, and moisture – making it ideal for reaching high shine levels.
- Increases Hair Volume: There are several reasons that can weigh down your hair making it look muggy and airless. ACV can help you get rid of a greasy scalp that destroys the appearance of hair volume, thereby helping your locks look thick, voluminous and airy.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair?
You know you cannot go dumping ACV straight from the bottle onto your hair. It is a strong form of vinegar and can cause damage when not used right. Here are some safe and easy ways of using ACV to get healthy hair.
Shampoos, conditioners, and all the other hair products that you use lead to product build-up on your scalp, further leading to all the possible hair problems. Rinsing hair with ACV can help in cleaning your scalp thoroughly and add a shine to it. Dilute ACV in water (quantity of water should be at least twice as much). Pour the solution equally all over your hair after shampooing. Leave it for a couple of minutes and wash it off with plain water. You can also add essential oils to the mix to mask the pungent smell of vinegar.
Hair Detangler Spray
Tangled hair is one of the biggest reasons that lead to hair fall. It is essential that you detangle your hair slowly and carefully. You can use ACV to help you do it faster. Make your own detangler spray by mixing ACV and water in one-to-one ratio and pour it into a spray bottle. Use this mix on your hair before combing and you’ll notice easy detangling and lesser hair fall.
If you have a sensitive scalp, make sure that the quality of water is a little more than vinegar.
ACV Hair Mask To Condition
Mix 1 tablespoon of ACV with 4 tablespoons of water, 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Whisk the mixture well until you have a smooth paste. Apply the mix on your hair and wash it off after 10-15 minutes.
ACV Hair Mask For Hair Growth
Mix 4 tablespoons of ACV, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of water. Apply the mask and leave it for 10 minutes before you rinse it off.
ACV Mask For Damaged Hair
Add ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar to 2 tablespoons yogurt and keep the mask for 30 minutes before rinsing it.
Using ACV once a week should be beneficial enough. Avoid using it very frequently as regular use of vinegar can cause more harm than benefitting you.
Skin: Renew - Glutathione
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
this is the sidecart