Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss: Reduce Belly Fat The Healthy Way26 Mar 2023
A sedentary lifestyle can take a toll on your health. The extra pounds (especially when these settle as visceral fat on your body) are often the main cause of various health issues. Some of us are too lazy to include a quick exercise in our routine, even if it is just for 30 minutes a day but want to shed the extra fat accumulated. They are looking for a healthy way of reducing weight without physical activities.
Apple Cider Vinegar has gained popularity as studies have shown that it is beneficial for weight loss, and most importantly, reducing belly fat in a healthy way. ACV for weight loss is nothing but fermented apple! The preparation is similar to the preparation of wine, but the only difference is that apple cider vinegar for weight loss will be fermented twice. The apples are crushed and exposed to yeast. The inherent sugar in these apples gets fermented and turns into alcohol. Thereafter, bacteria is added to the preparation to ferment the alcohol into acetic acid.
Consuming apple cider vinegar doesn’t add too many calories to your diet. One spoon of ACV for weight loss contains as less as 3 calories! It also contains vital nutrients, potassium, amino acids, and antioxidants that promote good health.
Today, the consumption of apple cider vinegar is on the rise with its benefits discovered in aiding weight loss. It is considered the elixir of nature, wherein the acetic acid in ACV for weight loss helps reduce belly fat while preventing the accumulation of fat in your body. Nutritionists and health experts recommend the inclusion of apple cider vinegar to almost all weight loss diets.
How does Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) help weight loss?
Apple cider vinegar is a smart and effective inclusion in your weight loss diet. Here is how it helps you shed those extra pounds.
Inhibits accumulation of fat
Studies have shown that acetic acid, the main element in apple cider vinegar aids weight loss by inhibiting the accumulation of fat. A daily intake of apple cider vinegar may prevent metabolic syndrome i.e., a bunch of conditions that will enhance the risk of diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
Keeps you satiated
The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar will keep you satiated for longer. This will reduce hunger pangs and cravings for snacks. The calorie intake will automatically reduce and will result in weight loss.
Low in calories
The calorie level is as low as 3 calories in a spoon of apple cider vinegar. It makes a low-calorie drink that promotes weight loss. Drinking a glass of water with a spoon of apple cider vinegar early in the morning will be highly beneficial in accomplishing your weight loss goals.
Regulates blood sugar levels
If you have a high carbohydrate diet, then controlling the sugar levels becomes imperative for healthy weight loss. Apple cider vinegar helps in regulating the sugar levels after a high-carb meal which is one of the important reasons why ACV for weight loss is recommended by experts.
Health benefits of ACV
Besides weight loss, there are various other health benefits you can derive from apple cider vinegar.
Manages cholesterol and blood pressure
Controlling cholesterol and blood pressure are two benefits of ACV. The kidneys produce renin, a hormone that regulates blood pressure. Renin helps to both widen and restrict the blood arteries. Blood pressure increases as a result of constricted blood vessels. In order to keep blood pressure from increasing, apple cider vinegar helps to relax the blood vessels.
Destroys ‘bad’ bacteria
ACV has long been used as a wound-cleansing treatment. Apple cider vinegar is till date being used to treat diseases because it kills bacteria. Being able to eliminate the germs that cause food to decay, i.e., E. coli makes it a natural preservative as well.
Promotes skin and hair health
Healthier skin and hair are benefits of apple cider vinegar. The following list outlines the several ways it promotes healthy skin and hair:
- Helps when treating sunburns
- Used to treat and prevent acne
- Slows down the ageing process
- Detangles hair naturally
- Prevents hair from getting frizzy
- Keeps hair moisturised
- Helps treat dandruff
It is essential to dilute ACV with water prior to applying it topically to your skin or hair.
When should you consume ACV?
If you’re consuming apple cider vinegar primarily for weight loss, you should drink it just before a meal. This way, the ACV keeps you fuller and prevents any overeating. It also helps in effective digestion of carbs in your diet. But remember to ensure that apple cider vinegar for weight loss should never be taken without dilution, as it can damage your teeth and oesophagus.
If a slow metabolism is your concern, take ACV first thing in the morning. It will help prevent bloating and gas as well. To begin with, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink up. If you feel good (no irritation in your gut), you can continue with daily consumption.
Dosage of ACV
A daily dosage of 1 tablespoon of ACV for weight loss with a glass of water is adequate to acquire immense benefits. But it depends on the issue for which you are consuming ACV. It is best to consult a doctor or a health expert before including it in your diet as it might react with some medication.
How to include ACV in your diet
There are various ways of including apple cider vinegar in your diet! Some of these are listed below.
- Mix Djon mustard, olive oil, and ACV for weight loss to make a delicious salad dressing. Toss in some fresh vegetables and voila! A nutritious salad is ready. The antibacterial properties in ACV will promote gut health and the probiotics in ACV will assist healthy digestion.
- Drinking ACV before a meal will curb appetite and reduce consumption. To begin with, mix 15 ml of ACV with 500ml water and consume it daily for 12 weeks. Then increase it to 30 ml of ACV in 500 ml of water and consume it daily for 12 weeks. The acetic acid in ACV will not only increase weight loss, but it will also help prevent fat accumulation.
- Prepare an early morning drink by mixing 2 tablespoons of ACV for weight loss, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and a dash of pepper in a glass of warm water. You can substitute your early morning coffee or tea with this drink which will curb your need for a heavy drink or breakfast in the morning. This drink will pep up your day.
- Consume apple cider vinegar supplements, which are available in the form of fizz tablets and gummies! These are way less harsh on your tummy, and they don’t leave a bitter, acidic taste in your mouth and gut either. You can include the recommended dosage in your regular diet for the best weight loss results.
Including apple cider vinegar in your diet is a healthy way to lose weight! Besides aiding weight loss, it also inhibits fat accumulation – which means it aids long-term weight loss. However, it is always recommended that you dilute your ACV with water and then consume the preparation. If you’re keen on enjoying the benefits of ACV without dilution, you can do it in a less cumbersome way: include Setu Apple Cider Vinegar Fizz Tablets or Setu Apple Cider Vinegar Gummies in your diet! These are super tasty and don’t harshly impact your gut. All Setu’s products are created using powerful, natural ingredients and are safe to use without side effects.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.