Popularly known as the “eye vitamin”, Lutein is extracted from the exquisite marigold flower. It’s packed with essential macular nutrients that are good for your eyes and help filter sunlight. There's a few reasons it’s an award-winning ingredient for eye health: it prevents retinal damage caused by blue light from screens, improves your cognitive performance, enhances your vision, and prevents eye fatigue and headaches.
About the ingredient
Let’s understand the science !
- Supplemental lutein and zeaxanthin can increase the total macular pigment levels and helps to improve visual processing speed and visual-motor behavior thereby supporting the eye health. Read more
- Macular carotenoid supplementation has been shown to improve overall sleep quality, headache frequency, eye strain, eye fatigue, and all visual performance measuresRead more
- Lutein and Zeaxanthin supplementation improves visual & verbal memory, and also boosts focus, concentration and cognition functions in young adults.Read more
Let’s understand the science !
Here are all the Setu products with Lutemax@2020
Maintaining eye health has gained priority in recent times owing to consistent exposure to digital screens. Protection from harmful blue light has gained importance. People are ready to go to any extent for the upkeep of eye health and to prevent damage to their vision.
From eating right to wearing proper eye gear to a periodical examination of the eyes, they are taking every possible precaution for optimal eye health. Besides all this, regular medication and incorporating eye supplements are equally imperative.
The best option that is gaining popularity is Lutemax @ 2020. Award-winning and globally recognised Lutemax 2020 is a proprietary extract that contains all three nutritionally important macular carotenoids—lutein, RR-zeaxanthin, and RS (meso)-zeaxanthin. The distinctive mix of carotenoids in Lutemax 2020, which is obtained naturally from marigold flowers and supported by several clinical studies, provides today's consumers with in-demand health benefits.
About Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Marigold flowers are a major source of lutein. It is loaded with vital macular nutrients that are beneficial to your eyes and aid in sunlight filtration. The carotenoid family of antioxidants includes lutein. Many different types of plants have carotenoids in their cells as a sort of phytonutrient or plant chemical.
Carotenoids are the pigments that give many plants their vivid hues, including the vivid red, orange, and yellow tones found in a variety of fruits and vegetables. While these pigments are crucial for plant health, they also enhance human health when foods rich in this phytonutrient are included in the diet.
Zeaxanthin is a crucial carotenoid that helps eye health in addition to lutein. With only a slight change in the way its atoms are arranged, it shares many structural similarities with lutein.
The only dietary carotenoids present in your retina are lutein and zeaxanthin. Zeaxanthin and lutein are concentrated in the macula region at the back of your eye which is crucial for vision. These two carotenoids are referred to as macular pigments due to their concentration in the macular region.
People frequently underestimate the fact that they will naturally have gaps in their lutein consumption throughout their lives. This is a major issue because lutein is essential for healthy eyes and clear vision. However, supplementing with Lutemax 2020 is an excellent strategy to fight the issue and swiftly improve eye health if you don't want it to continue to be a problem
Lutein and Zeaxanthin Uses
Zeaxanthin and lutein uses are manifold. With powerful antioxidant properties Zeaxanthin and lutein guard your body and especially your eyes in many ways.
The many uses of lutein, the eye vitamin and Zeaxanthin are:
- It reduces inflammation
- Reduces loss of cell
- Decreases fatality rate in eye diseases
- Protects your eyes from free radicals and oxidative stress
- Protects your eyes from blue light.
- Guards your eyes against harmful UV rays
- Transforms light impulses into electrical signals in your retina and helps those signals reach your brain's visual cortex.
- Makes your eyes sharper
- Enhances sensitivity to visual contrast
- Protects pre-term babies against the effect of retinopathy of prematurity as well as short-sightedness.
- Reduces eye fatigue, eye strain, and frequency of headaches.
- Improves sleep quality,
- Enhances visual and verbal memory, concentration, and cognitive performance
In addition to the above benefits, zeaxanthin and lutein uses are extended to several eye conditions as mentioned below:
- Diabetic retinopathy: A majority of diabetics have diabetic retinopathy. According to studies conducted on animals, lutein and zeaxanthin may help lower oxidative stress indicators that can cause eye damage and vision loss.
- Age-related macular degeneration: AMD is the major cause of blindness and long-term vision impairment in developed countries. According to a study conducted in 2011, the eye vitamin lutein and zeaxanthin. may act as inhibitors of the development of blindness from late-stage AMD.
Recommended Dietary Intake of Lutein and Zeaxanthin
Lutein is generally safe even when consumed at higher levels. However, there is no specific recommended dietary intake for lutein. To reduce the progression of Age-related Macular Degeneration into the advanced stage it is recommended to consume at least 10 mg of lutein and 2 mg of Zeaxanthin.
The Council for responsible nutrition has declared that consumption of 20 mg of lutein every day is safe.
Dietary Sources of Lutein and Zeaxanthin
There are an array of dietary sources of lutein. Leafy green vegetables are rich sources of lutein and zeaxanthin, Some of them are mentioned below:
Lutein and zeaxanthin are also available in foods like
- Red pepper
- Egg yolk
The bioavailability of lutein is enhanced when consumed with high-fat foods. This is because low-density lipoproteins are the best carriers of lutein.
Consuming foods rich in lutein and zeaxanthin is the best way to derive the required level of lutein and zeaxanthin as your body does not naturally produce lutein and zeaxanthin. The issue is that many people do not consume enough of these foods to meet their daily requirements for zeaxanthin and lutein.
People just won't have the necessary eye health if levels are below those that the study has shown to be advantageous. So, the best way to obtain the necessary amounts of lutein and zeaxanthin is through supplements.
Choosing eye supplements with Lutemax 2020 is the best method to boost eye health the right way. For overall health today and in the future, Lutemax 2020 supplements are the best way instead of making drastic dietary changes. Lutemax 2020 is a combination of lutein and zeaxanthin isomers and is a convenient, advantageous, and cost-effective option to derive the necessary levels of lutein and zeaxanthin
People can simply improve their vision and overall eye health so they can see better today and can have better vision as they age by utilizing Lutemax 2020 instead of making drastic dietary adjustments.
The best product\ that provide you with the benefits of Lutemax 2020 is
- Setu Eye: Relief
Setu Eye: Relief
With a patented and clinically approved formula containing Lutemax 2020, Curcumin, and Vitamin D3, Setu Eye: Relief helps in reducing dryness of eyes, irritation and eye fatigue. Try Setu Eye: Relief capsules and get respite from eye-related issues.
Features and Benefits of Setu Eye: Relief
- Setu Eye: Relief is 100% plant-based and sugar-free
- It is made of patented ingredients, clinically verified and has no side effects.
- The eye supplement contains lutein, zeaxanthin, curcumin, and Veg Vitamin D3.
- Setu Eye: Relief reduces eye fatigue, eye strain, and frequency of headaches,
- The supplement keeps the eyes hydrated and prevents dry eye syndrome.
- It helps in reducing neurosensory detachment and retinal pigment epithelium and improves visual sharpness.
Are Lutemax 2020 supplements habit-forming?
No. Lutemax 2020 supplements are not habit-forming. You can stop the consumption once your problem is resolved.
Is it safe to use Lutemax 2020 supplements?
Setu Eye: Relief with the advantage of Lutemax 2020 is made from patented ingredients and clinically verified. It is safe to use without side effects.
How long does it take for the supplement to react?
For visible results, you will have to consume the supplement consistently for 6 to 8 weeks,
What are the other uses of lutein besides improving eye health?
Besides eye health, lutein benefits cardiovascular and cognitive health.
Which is more beneficial? Lutein or Zeaxanthin?
Both are carotenoids found in the human eye and have identical protective roles. Compared to lutein, zeaxanthin is a more potent antioxidant.