Does Turmeric Really Help Boost Testosterone?20 Jan 2020
Turmeric can boost low testosterone levels in males which helps in regulating sex drive and developing muscle mass, and even improving insulin sensitivity. Learn more about it.
When men age, there’s a gradual and continuous decrease in testosterone production and this varies from person to person. According to the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, 30 percent of men older than 75 years of age, have a testosterone level that is below normal . A low testosterone level can cause a major shift in male physiology leading to problems such as increased body fat, decreased libido and muscle strength, lack of concentration, mood disorders, and depression. However, help is on the way, ingredients such as turmeric can help, we tell you more.
How Does Curcumin Help?
Low testosterone is defined as 300ng/dL (nanograms per deciliter) of total testosterone and less than 5 ng/dL of free testosterone. Free testosterone is the type of hormone not bound to other proteins.
Now, many studies have proven that turmeric consumption can increase testosterone levels in males . Scientifically known as Curcuma longa, turmeric has excellent anticancer, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. The active chemical ingredients of turmeric are a group of compounds called curcuminoids, which include curcumin (diferuloylmethane), demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin. Curcumin is what gives turmeric its vibrant yellow color and all its potent benefits. Here’s what it does:
1. It Blocks Estrogen
Estradiol, a strong form of estrogen plays a vital role in sperm development and the joint health of men. However, too much estradiol can lower testosterone levels. Turmeric blocks this estrogen at the cellular level and helps retain the testosterone level naturally .
2. Balances Cholesterol Levels
Cholesterol levels can significantly affect your ability to produce the testosterone hormone. After all, it is a 19-carbon steroid hormone made from cholesterol. Therefore you need to make sure that your body has more HDL (good cholesterol) and lower LDL (bad cholesterol). Numerous studies have reported that turmeric supplementation can balance cholesterol levels. .
3. Activates Vitamin D Receptors
You can maintain a healthy testosterone level only by having high levels of vitamin D. Several studies have proven that curcumin can activate the vitamin D receptors which plays a crucial role in maintaining testosterone levels.
4. Reduces Oxidative Stress
Studies report that increased oxidative stress within certain testicular cells, known as Leydig cells, can lower testosterone production. Curcumin reduces oxidative stress within them, promoting better testicular function— resulting in enhanced testosterone production .
5. Improves Insulin Sensitivity
Most diabetics and hypoglycemia patients struggle with low testosterone levels caused due to poor insulin sensitivity. As mentioned above, turmeric helps boost testosterone, and along with it allows your cells to absorb more insulin too .
6. Prevents Obesity
Obesity and low testosterone are connected. Obesity reduces levels of sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), a protein that carries testosterone in the blood. Studies have proven that curcumin can regulate lipid metabolism, which plays a key role in the development of obesity and its complications .
How To Consume Turmeric?
Turmeric is used in many different forms all over the world. For example, in India, turmeric is widely used in curries; in Japan, it is served in tea; in China, it is used as a colorant; in Korea, it is served in drinks; and in the United States, it is used in mustard sauces and cheese.
Ingesting curcumin by itself does not assure any associated health benefits due to its poor bioavailability. Turmeric is fat-soluble so it easily dissolves in fats for better absorption. Therefore it is recommended to consume turmeric with good fats such as coconut or avocado oil. You can also add turmeric powder to milk, tea, yogurt, warm water, coconut milk, and almond milk. Research studies suggest that by adding black pepper to turmeric, bioavailability can be increased up to 2000 percent .
Another way to get the benefits of turmeric is by having a concentrated curcumin supplement such as Setu Turme Rich and Setu Turmerich Gummies. Here’s how these products help boost your testosterone:
Setu Turme Rich
- Some small studies have shown that there is a link between the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric and increased levels of testosterone.
- Setu Turme Rich is enriched with the goodness of turmeric and its potent component – curcumin, making it a perfect product to increase the levels of testosterone in men.
- In addition, the product is formulated using clinically proven CurcuWIN® and MCT Oil that ensures 46 times more absorption in the body, giving enhanced results.
- The high levels of curcumin in Setu Turme Rich also help you improve your physical function, flexibility, vigor, and vitality.
Setu Turmerich Gummies
- Turmerich Gummies are a fun and delicious alternative to regular supplements.
- They may seem like chewy candies but are highly potent and can work wonders when it comes to spiking up your testosterone levels.
- These gummies are packed with all the benefits and properties of turmeric, including blocking estrogen, reducing oxidative stress, activating vitamin D receptors, etc., which are all contributory factors for boosting testosterone levels in men.
- Turmerich Gummies contain patented UltraSOL Curcumin which is 46 times more bio-available than standard curcumin.
- The supplement is highly effective in delivering the goodness of curcumin and can also help you increase your physical functions, vigor, and vitality.
Skin: Renew - Glutathione
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
this is the sidecart