How to increase immunity power in body naturally
How to Increase Immunity Power In Your Body Naturally
Are you easily prone to infections? Are you tired of falling sick frequently? Have you ever thought of ways to increase immunity in your body? If yes, this is just what you need to read. We’ve put together some great ideas for you to increase immunity power in your body in a natural manner. Read on to find out more.
Best Ways To Increase Immunity
When you want to strengthen your immune system, it is important to understand that although the ways you can increase immunity are many, immunity building is more complex than it appears. This is because our immune system is linked to our lifestyle choices — our food habits, sleep quality, exercise regime, stress levels , and other such factors. While managing some of these aspects may be possible, upgrading all of them is difficult on a regular basis.
If you want to increase immunity power, the best approach is to introduce small but consistent lifestyle changes and adhere to them. This allows the body to get ample time to recover, repair and strengthen from within. Over time the body will stop falling sick frequently.
Read on to find out what kind of lifestyle changes work best to increase immunity:
Some of the best prebiotic food items are as follows:
- #1. Get Your Shots
Right from the infancy stage, the best way to boost immunity is via vaccination. Vaccines help the body identify disease-causing threats or infections through weaker pathogens thereby, triggering the body’s natural defence mechanism.
After COVID, it is even more important to stay up-to-date with your vaccination schedule, including booster doses, to fight infections and increase immunity power.
- #2. Consume a Healthy and Balanced Diet
If you want a strong immune system, there is nothing that works better than a balanced diet consisting of healthy food choices. A good way to ensure this is by keeping the following in mind:
- Make sure you include foods from all food groups in every meal - proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins and fats.
- Include colourful fruits and vegetables in your meals. This is an easy way to ensure that you're consuming different vitamins and minerals, besides your fibre intake.
- Take dietary supplements to support your health. However, remember that supplements are not meant to replace your meals.
- Never skip a meal. Avoid binge eating as well.
- Skip processed foods with preservatives to increase immunity.
- Steer clear from smoking and substance abuse!
- Ensure that you’re eating the following immunity-building foods every week: -
- Almonds - rich in vit A, E, copper, magnesium, and calcium
- Walnuts - rich in vitamin E, B6, Folic acid, phosphorus, manganese, and copperr
- Spinach - rich in iron and vit C
- Turmeric - contains the immunity booster curcumin, fights infection and inflammation
- Seeds - sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, etc help maintain hormonal balance and brain health. They also contain Vit B6 and E
- Yoghurt - rich in calcium and probiotic for gut health
- Ginger and garlic - great immunity boosters that fight infections and inflammations
- Citrus fruits - oranges, papaya and Kiwi are rich source of vitamin C which is vital to increase immunity
- Bell peppers - one of the best sources of vitamin C
- Shellfish - rich source of zinc and omega 3 fatty acids.
- Chicken - source of protein to help with muscle repair and development
#3. Workout Regularly
If you want to increase immunity power, exercise is a great solution.
#4. Control Excessive Sugar Intake
Sugar is inflammatory in nature, and when consumed in high quantities, increases your weight. Added sugars are essentially refined carbs – when taken in excess, these sugars tend to cause obesity. Research suggests that obesity is a leading trigger for several chronic and lifestyle diseases, including PCOS, diabetes, heart ailments, etc. Therefore, if you want to increase immunity, health experts believe that it is best to limit your sugar intake to just 2 tablespoons (25 grams) a day when consuming a 2000 calorie diet.
#5. Keep Yourself Hydrated
Water plays a crucial role in keeping your body disease-free. Water is a primary component of lymph, which circulates infection-fighting immune cells in your body. When you do not consume adequate water, your lymph movement slows down. As a result dehydration leads to a weaker immune system.
This is also why doctors advise increased fluid intake when we get any infection, fever or flu. Another reason why water intake is important is for toxin disposal. Water flushes out the toxins in the body via stool and urine. Dehydration can cause UTIs and constipation, too.
- To increase immunity power, start your day with atleast 2-4 glasses of water.
- Make sure you hydrate yourself every two hours during the day.
- Consume 2-3 litres of water daily.
- Taper your water intake after 7p.m to have a restful night of sleep.
#6. Never Compromise On Sleep
Sleep is one of the most vital processes of the body, helping you recover and rejuvenate each night. It is the time when the body replenishes its reserves, including those of its immunity building molecules.
Disturbed sleep or lack of adequate sleep therefore leads to poor health and weakened immunity. If you want to increase immunity, proper sleep is a must.
- Maintain a schedule where you sleep and get up at the same time everyday.
- Ensure that you get at least 7-8 hours of sleep every night, along with a power nap of 20-30 minutes in the afternoon.
#7. Consciously Reduce Stress
Stress affects our overall health very quickly. Often underlying stress leads to hypertension, muscle spasms and pains.
Our body learns to give out stress responses to deal better with stress. However, stress responses curb your immune system, too, which means you may fall sick frequently. Therefore, to increase immunity power, it becomes vital to let go of stress and develop a mechanism to identify stressful situations and deal with them in a healthy manner.
Here are a few ways of coping with stress:
- Meditation and deep breathing exercises!
- Yoga – it offers ample techniques to beat anxiety and stress.
- Physical workouts
How to Increase Immunity with Supplements
Although natural foods, exercise, and lifestyle changes are the best way to increase immunity, supplements can also help. Dietary supplements are advised for immunity building, especially in cases where people are short on time, have demanding routines, or are suffering from a disease due to which they need immunity-building support.
If you’re opting for supplements to increase immunity power, keep the following aspects in mind before buying your supplement:
- Look for a reliable and trustworthy brand that focuses on high-quality ingredients and well-researched products. A good example would be the immunity-building supplements from Setu, such as the Immunity: Shot.
- Opt for supplements that have an outstanding balance of natural or herbal immunity-boosting ingredients, like curcumin, tulsi or ashwagandha, along with the required vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, D3, probiotics and zinc.
- Select a formula based on the ease of consumption. If you’re not a fan of tablets and powders, select a gummy, mint, strip, or fizz from the vast array of Setu products. For immunity specifically, opt for Immunity: Shotss or Immunity Boost Strips by Setu.
When you’re trying to increase immunity, it’s best to start small – but start steady! Take baby steps comfortably to incorporate changes that you can stick to in the long run – this isan effective way to increase immunity power. Additionally, if you feel the need for supplements, always choose reliable brands and high-quality products, such as the range available at Setu.in. You’ll definitely love the results!