Simple Remedies to Remove Pimple Marks
Acne, pimples, blemishes, spots can be a cruel reminder of our skin woes. These tiny killers of confidence often appear right before an important event where we wanted to look our best. Even if these pesky marks don’t ruin the look as much, they sure do kill the mood, the excitement and the confidence. If you’ve been suffering from recurring pimple marks and spots, and are looking for tips to rid of them – other than the generic follow a healthy lifestyle, healthy diet, etc – you are at the right spot. Here are eight simple, natural and effective remedies to treat acne scars. Read on!
Getting Rid Of Pimple And Acne Marks
Here are some natural and effective home remedies that’ll help you get rid of those dreadful pimple and acne marks easily and effectively.
1. Turmeric Powder
One of the oldest medicinal herbs known to humans, turmeric is indeed a wonder spice. It not only makes your food delicious but can also make your skin glow and help you kick out those blemishes. Its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help speed up the healing process, lighten the acne scars, and give you a radiant skin tone.
There are several ways in which you can use turmeric to reduce pimple spots, however, the best is considered to be a face mask.
- Take 2-3 tablespoons of turmeric powder
- Add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and some lukewarm water
- Make a thick paste
- Apply the mask on your face evenly
- Leave it for 30 minutes then wash it off with lukewarm water.
You may feel a little tingling sensation which is normal. However, if you feel extreme discomfort, rinse off the mask immediately.
2. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has been found to be extremely effective when it comes to moisturizing the skin and preventing scars and spots. However, if you have oily skin it is suggested that you avoid applying coconut oil on your skin directly. You can opt for other alternatives.
- Take 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Run it between your palms
- Dab it gently over the affected areas.
For better results, you can leave it overnight and wash it off the next day.
3. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera helps regulate the production of melanin while reducing pigmentation and discoloration. Traditional beauty hacks swear by these leaves to be the perfect remedy for naturally-glowing, flawless skin. It’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties are what helps in curing pimple marks, scars, infections, etc. Using aloe vera on a regular basis can help you get radiant, youthful skin.
- Extract some gel from aloe leaves if you’re looking for 100% natural remedy, or you can buy some organic gel or gel-based products from the market.
- Apply the gel on the affected area evenly.
- Leave overnight and rinse in the morning.
Using aloe vera gel daily can help you get faster results. With its multiple health benefits, you can also apply it to your hair to enhance the quality and the rest of the body too.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Using diluted apple cider vinegar can help remove the top layer of the skin which in turn helps reduce the appearance of acne scars. It also helps in balancing the pH levels of the skin, soaks excess oils and keeps the pores clean while exfoliating the skin naturally and leaving behind soft, smooth, and flawless skin. However, it is essential to make sure that the solution is diluted well because concentrated ACV can cause serious harm to the skin.
- Mix 1 tablespoons of ACV with 2 tablespoons of honey
- Use some water if you wish to dilute the consistency of the mixture
- Take a cotton pad and apply the mix to your face
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse it off with plain water
For those who have sensitive skin, dilute the mixture with one part ACV and 10 parts water. For better and faster results, use it daily.
Lemon is enriched with vitamin C that plays a big role in maintaining skin health and radiant skin tones. It is also a natural bleaching agent that helps it lightening pimple marks easily and effectively.
- Take half a lemon and extract the juice
- Use your fingers or a cotton pad to apply the juice on the pimple marks and other affected areas.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes
- Wash your face with lukewarm water
6. Orange Peel
Orange peel is packed with the goodness of citric acid that helps in removing pimple marks and reduces other blemishes from the skin. If you don’t know how to remove acne scars or are struggling to choose from multiple options, this is one of the easiest and most effective home remedies you can opt for.
- Mix equal amounts of orange peel powder and honey
- Ensure that the paste is smooth and lump-free
- Apply the paste on the affected areas
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes
- Wash it off with lukewarm water
7. Besan (Gram Flour)
This common Indin kitchen ingredient comes in handy for most of your skin problems. Besan or gram flour can help you remove pimple marks, maintain your skin’s pH balance and give you a radiant skin tone. It can be used as a regular face scrub or skin cleanser. This easily available ingredient can work wonders for your skin.
- Mix besan with some rose water and a few drops of lemon juice and make a thick paste
- Apply the paste evenly on your face and neck
- Leave the pack until it dries
- Wash it off with plain water
8. Baking Soda
The popular properties of baking soda include its exfoliating and bleaching properties. Using this common kitchen ingredient regularly can help you get rid of clogged pores and blemishes. The alkaline nature of the ingredient helps restore the pH balance of the skin and combats various skin woes including pimple marks.
- Take 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix them well
- Apply the mix on the scars and marks
- Let the mix dry for 10-15 minutes
- Wash it off with water
Make sure that you’re using baking soda and not baking powder.