Here's Why You Need To Ditch That Long Skincare Routine26 Mar 2023
Haven’t we all followed a long-winded skincare routine at some point or the other? You know, the one with multiple serums, creams, and exfoliators? Sure, you feel great while doing it, but does it ever really work?
If you’re into Korean skincare, you’ve probably tried the holy 10-step routine. But guess what – it doesn’t work for everybody. Sometimes you spend hours indulging in a lengthy skincare routine – but it may prove futile when it comes to giving you radiant skin. On occasion, it may turn out to be more harmful to your skin in the long run.
Instead, the best thing you can do for that flawless, natural glow is to nourish your skin from within – with a diet rich in essential nutrients, like marine collagen and glutathione, to maintain the strength, structure, and radiance of your skin.
In this article, we explore how you can move from a long skincare routine to a more wholesome, nourishing regime. We’ll also offer some quick tips to simplify your existing skincare routine without compromising the health and appearance of your skin, and finally, tell you all about the right skin supplements to take.
The good news is that for many of us, less is more when it comes to skincare!
Do You Need A Long Skincare Routine?
Not everyone needs or has the time to practise a long skincare routine. The skin type differs from person to person. If you have healthy skin, you may need minimal skincare products to maintain it. If you have specific skin-related issues, you will need to give your routine more time and attention.
Using too many skin products and chemical exfoliators in a lengthy skincare routine is not always the path to healthy and radiant skin. Such a method can overload your skin with harmful chemicals or may lead to over-exfoliation, which is never recommended.
Long skincare routines may harm your skin in the following ways:
- Most cosmetics contain harsh ingredients like alcohol, sulfates, and fragrances that damage the skin barrier. This can cause inflammation, irritation, and redness.
- Applyinh too many products as part of your skincare routine may overload your skin with harmful chemicals and ingredients, leading to breakouts, irritation, and other skin-related issues.
- Over exfoliation can strip your skin of essential oils and make it dry, sensitive, and vulnerable to damage.
- Expensive skincare cosmetics and topical serums are an investment, and while they can do good, they can also sometimes be unnecessary and costly.
Instead of wasting your time and energy on a long skincare routine, implement a simple routine that involves only products your skin actually needs to stay healthy and radiant. These routines will prove futile if you do not nourish your skin from within. The primary step for radiant skin is to nourish yourself from within with a balanced diet and skin supplements and maintain it with a simple skincare routine.
What Are The Ways Of Nourishing Your Skin From Within?
Your skin can be nourished from within in several ways. Some of them are mentioned below.
A Balanced Diet
A balanced diet is crucial to maintain your skin health. It should include a variety of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, and lean proteins that provide the necessary vitamins and minerals for healthy skin. Your diet should include foods with skin-rejuvenating nutrients like marine collagen and glutathione.
Marine collagen can be derived from fish like salmon, tuna, and cod. Shellfish like shrimp, crabs and lobsters are also good sources of marine collagen. Marine collagen is a good source of antioxidants that protect the skin from oxidative stress and free radical damage, keeping it softer, supple, and smoother.
Glutathione is yet another nutrient that is crucial for skin health. Include broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, oranges, peaches, avocados, walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, fish, chicken and tofu in your diet. All these help in improving glutathione production in your body. Glutathione reduces hyperpigmentation and the appearance of dark spots. It protects your skin against free radical damage and oxidative stress and delays the skin ageing process. It eliminates toxins from your skin to give it a healthier and clear look.
If you are unable to get these nutrients from food sources you can consume marine collagen and glutathione supplements. These are available as combos and when taken together will provide optimum results.
Drink plenty of water and other hydrating fluids. This will help retain the skin’s moisture and prevent flakiness and dryness.
Stress is one of the main reasons for skin issues. Chronic stress can cause inflammation and oxidative stress. These are the main contributors to premature ageing and other skin issues. Try relaxing techniques like meditation or yoga to manage your stress and improve your skin health.
Get Enough Sleep
All the restorative and repair processes take place when you are asleep. Getting enough sleep will help your skin to regenerate and repair itself and you will not need any long skincare routines. Radiant skin which gives a youthful look will be the result of good sleep.
When you can help your skin from within by making the small changes mentioned above, why go for long skincare routines?
How To Keep Your Skin Healthy With A Simple Skin Care Routine?
You do not have to spend long hours pampering your skin to keep it healthy. Your skin can just do with 5 minutes of a simple skincare routine. Follow it diligently and the result will be radiant skin which gives you a youthful look. The simple skincare routine comprises the following steps.
- Cleansing is the first step of any skincare routine. It is mainly to remove dirt, oil, and makeup from the surface of the skin. These can clog the pores and lead to breakouts, acne, and other skin issues. You should use a gentle cleanser that suits your skin type. You can also use natural cleansers like milk, honey, or oatmeal.
- Toning should be done after cleansing and before applying anything else to your skin. Toners help in maintaining the pH balance of the skin, removing residual impurities, and tightening the pores. Some of the natural toners you can use are rosewater, green tea, or apple cider vinegar.
- Moisturising your face is always the final step. This helps to hydrate your skin. Moisturising helps in preventing flakiness, dryness, and other skin issues. It provides the skin with the necessary moisture for it to stay healthy.
- Applying sunscreen is an essential part of your skincare routine, whether you’re indoors or outdoors! It protects your skin from harmful UV rays that cause hyperpigmentation and premature ageing.
Radiant skin that looks youthful and healthy will boost your confidence. In an effort to maintain the texture, glow, and elasticity of your skin you use a range of products and spend hours in skincare. This may do more harm than good. It is time to ditch your long skincare routine and spare your skin from further damage. Instead, keeping your skin nourished from within and following a simple skincare routine that involves cleansing, moisturising, and toning can be time-saving and economical while doing more good than harm. Follow the nourishing and simple skincare routine tips given in the article to flaunt healthy, glowing, and blemishless skin.
Are long skincare routines necessary?
Long skin care routines are not always necessary. A simple skincare routine comprising of cleansing, toning, and moisturising can be as effective.
What are the harmful effects of long skincare routines?
In long skincare routines, you end up with a load of skincare cosmetics. This may over-exfoliate and over-cleanse your skin. You will end up with inflammation, irritation, and other skin issues.
Does anyone require long skincare routines?
A long skincare routine can be beneficial for some, especially, for those who have skin issues like acne, and premature ageing. Care should be taken to choose products that suit the skin type and also avoid overusing products.
How to choose skincare products?
Primarily, the product should suit your skin type. You should read the label carefully to check the formulation and ingredients. Only when you are sure that the ingredients used are suitable to your skin type should you buy the product.
How to make simple skincare routines more effective?
To make the simple skincare routine effective, you should use the right products. You should also follow the routine consistently.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.